Disaster struck at this weekend’s P1 SuperStock Championship, as the Pickfords Powerboat overturned during Saturday’s second race in Gosport!
Fighting high waves and gale-force winds, driver and navigator David Toozs-Hobson and Chris Schreiber were propelled into the water mid-race but thankfully unhurt, though the boat was sadly too damaged to take part in Sunday’s races.
All was not lost however, as in spite finishing third in the opening race, the two-man team was promoted to second place after the original runners-up were disqualified when it was discovered that their boat’s hatch had blown off!
After a podium finish at the Championship’s first weekend at Scarborough back in May, this weekend’s incident places the Pickfords Powerboat currently in fifth place overall.
However, the powerboat is under repair and expected to be in tip-top condition ahead of the third leg of the Championship in Hull next month!
Blog series – Pickfords Powerboat 2015:
- Snapped cable spells disaster for Pickfords powerboat! – 14/9/15
- Personal record for Pickfords powerboat racers – 1/9/15
- Pickfords powerboat racers stay dry this weekend – 10/8/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat gearing up for race weekend – 7/8/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat takes a tumble! – 13/7/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat readying for round 2 this weekend! – 10/7/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat in the press for round 1 – 9/6/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat takes 3rd place in round 1! – 1/6/15
- Pickfords’ powerboat returns this weekend! – 29/5/15